Adopt at the Placer SPCA
At the Placer SPCA, it is our goal to place each animal in a loving, permanent home. To be certain that you and your family are ready to add a new furry family member to your household, please review “Is this the best time to adopt?” The welfare of the animals and people in our community is always our top priority. With that in mind, we are beginning to offer adoptions by appointment! We currently are offering 4-5 adoption appointments per day in order to safely assist one party at a time during business hours.
Adoption by Appointment Steps:
- Look through our online inventory here and select one animal or bonded pair that you would like to meet.
- Fill out a Companion Request Form.
- Call during our normal business hours to schedule an appointment for you to meet your new potential pet! The best contact number is (916) 782-7722 or (530) 885-7387 ext. 0.
- We ask that potential adopters bring no more than a maximum of two immediate family members to adoption appointment, preferably no children. There can be no exceptions.
- At the time of your appointment, please call (916) 782-7722 ext. 0 to have your adoption counselor meet you at the front doors.
- Appointments scheduled are to visit with the pet identified.
We will require every visitor over the age of two will be required to wear a face mask.
It is also helpful to review our adoption process and pricing information before you come in.