Rabies & Microchips
The Placer SPCA recommends having your dog or cat microchipped, even if they typically remain indoors. If you move, go on vacation, or experience other times of unusual activity in your home, your pet may be more likely to run outside and become disoriented. When your pet has a microchip, an animal shelter or veterinary clinic can obtain your contact information by scanning the chip and requesting the information from the manufacturer.
Low-cost rabies and microchip clinics are available weekly by species at the Placer SPCA Intake Center. The Placer SPCA will provide these services while maintaining social distancing standards. A staff member will meet you outside and take your animal inside to administer services. Once the services are completed, the staff member will bring your pet(s) back outside to you. During the clinics, rabies vaccines are $10 and microchips are $15.
Please note: It is important to keep your contact information up to date with your microchip’s manufacturer. The Placer SPCA can scan your pet for free to determine if they already have a microchip.
You and your pet will be required to wait in your vehicle so please ensure you have the ability to provide appropriate climate control as needed (air conditioning in the summer or heat in the winter). Clinics are subject to cancellation.
Clinics at Placer SPCA Roseville
Placer SPCA Intake Center
150 Corporation Yard Rd., Roseville, CA 95678
The Placer SPCA offers weekly rabies vaccination and microchip clinics for dogs and cats.
- CAT CLINICS: Mondays from 2-3pm
- DOG CLINICS: Wednesday from 2-3pm
- Appointments are required. No walk-ins will be accepted.
- Fees for services must be paid over the phone at the time the appointment is made. No refunds for no shows or cancellations.
- Rabies vaccines = $10 / Microchips = $15
- A rabies certificate is provided at the time of vaccination. If you wish to obtain a three-year certificate, you must bring proof of prior rabies vaccination.
TO SCHEDULE YOUR APPOINTMENT, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (916) 782-7722 and press “0”.