Adoption by Appointment
The welfare of the animals and people in our community is always our top priority. With that in mind, we are beginning to offer adoptions by appointment! We currently are offering 4-5 adoption appointments per day in order to safely assist one party at a time during business hours.
***Please note: we will respond to messages in the order they are received within one business day.***
Thank you for expressing interest in adopting one of our companion animals. Due to COVID-19, we have added some recent changes to our adoption process. Please follow the below steps to successfully find your perfect pet for your home:
- Review our current inventory for dogs, cats, and critters on our adoptions page.
- Read the animal description and review photos and/or videos of the pets.
- Once a pet has been selected, please call 916-782-7722 ext. “0” to speak with a Customer Care Representative at the Placer SPCA.
- We will provide you information on the specific animal over the phone and answer any of your questions.
- We will schedule an appointment for you to meet the animal in person.
- We will ask you to complete the Companion Request Form listed here. Although we would prefer you email the completed form to us at firstname.lastname@example.org before your appointment, you may also bring with you at the time of your appointment.
- At the time of your appointment:
- Please arrive on-time, otherwise we will need to reschedule your appointment.
- Remember, no more than two people from the home allowed in the building for the appointment.
- Remember to bring and wear your mask. Without a mask you will not be allowed into the building and we will need to reschedule your appointment. Only exception are children two years and under.
- You will be met at the door by a customer care staff member before meeting with your Get Acquainted Team Member who will go over all of the information we have on the pet, and have you interact with the animal.
- Make the decision to adopt. Most animals that have been altered are able to go home the same day! For dogs, will provide you with a disposable dog leash. For cats, you can purchase a cat carrier for $7 or bring your own.
- If you decide the pet is not the right choice for you, we would like to encourage you to take another look at the animals on our website and make an appointment for a different pet. We are always adding new pets to the web inventory.
- Take your pet home; enjoy a quiet time letting your new pet acclimate to you and the new surroundings.
- Always remember to call us if you need help or have questions. We have a lot of free learning sheets for behavior issues here.
- Make a list of pet supplies you still need to buy. Coupons for local businesses are supplied at the time of adoption.
- Call the veterinary office of choice to schedule an appointment for your pet to receive a physical exam. Free vouchers for vet exams are given at the time of adoption!
- Send us a picture along with the photo release waiver so that we can share your happy adoption story with our community.
- Live happily ever after with your pet.
Please know that it will take some time for your new friend to adjust to their new lifestyle. And don’t worry – you’re not alone. The Placer SPCA is here to help and has a lot of valuable information on a variety of behavior issues, as well as information on transitioning a new pet into your home. Please contact the Behavior Department by emailing email@example.com or at (916) 782-7722, ext. 3002 and a staff member will be happy to assist you.
Once everyone is settled in, we would love for you to send us a picture of your new friend in your home! Send a picture and short update to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to 150 Corporation Yard Rd., Roseville, CA 95678