July 2, 2020
The Curbside for our Furry Companions was a huge success! Thank you to Roseville City Council member Bruce Houdesheldt for coordinating this event. We received many donations of cat and dog food, kitty litter, disinfecting wipes, supplies and $4,824.00 in monetary donations. I appreciate the time and energy of everyone who participated in our first-ever contactless donation drive – those who brought donations and the volunteers and staff who helped to make this go so smoothly.
Here are the latest updates:
We currently have 168 animals in care either in foster homes or at our centers. Some animals in foster care are returning to our Adoption & Education Center, while some remain in foster care until such a time as they are adopted. There have been wonderful stories emerging from the families that opened their homes to foster a pet. You can read more about them on our Facebook page.
In just a few short weeks, 180 animals have been adopted.
Our recycling program has resumed. Please bring your CA redeemable recyclable items – aluminum, glass (no wine bottles), and plastic with the California Redemption Value (CRV) label on it to our Intake Center 150 Corp Yard Road Tues – Sun between 11am – 4pm in the labeled dumpsters located in the parking lot.
We are dependent upon the community for support. Your donations mean more to us now than ever before. If you are able to help, here are some options:
- Monetary donations are the most helpful and can be made online at www.placerspca.org/donate/ or mailed to 200 Tahoe Ave, Roseville, CA 95678.
- Donations of pet food and supplies are also very helpful. We ask that items be ordered online and delivered to either 150 Corporation Yard or 200 Tahoe Avenue during the hours of 8am – 4:30pm. Both are located in Roseville.
- For more information about donations, please contact our development department at 916-872-6162.
We are also now able to accept drop-off of donations.
- Donations will be accepted, self-service, from the front courtyard location at the Adoption & Education Center at 200 Tahoe Ave in Roseville. The gate for the courtyard will remain open between 8am and 4:30pm each day of the week.
- Donations may also be delivered to our Intake facility located at 150 Corporation Yard in Roseville. Donation bins are located in front of the building. Please go to our website at www.placerspca.org/wish for a list of accepted items.
The thrift store is now open! Current store hours are: Tuesday – Saturday 10am – 5pm
- Donations will be accepted by appointment only; please email email@example.com or call 916-782-2434 to schedule an appointment.
- All shoppers, staff, and volunteers must wear a mask inside the Thrift Store.
- There will be a limit of 15 shoppers allowed inside the store at one time.
Your patience is appreciated as we determine new protocols to ensure the safety of all.
The Adoption & Education Center continues to be open for adoptions by appointment only. Please follow the guidelines below to schedule an appointment:
- Look through our online inventory at www.placerspca.org/adopt and select one animal or bonded pair that you would like to meet.
- Call 916-782-7722 and press 0 to schedule an appointment. The appointment is limited to two members of the household only, preferably no children. There can be no exceptions.
- Masks are required to be worn for anyone over 2 years of age.
- Appointments scheduled are to visit with the pet identified.
If you know of someone in Placer County in need of help with their pet, we have several programs to help keep people and pets together whenever possible. Refer to our website at www.placerspca.org. Our food assistance program is one such program. Placer County residents can call us at (916)-782-7722 and press 0 to speak to a staff member about this program.
With a grateful heart,